The Ramblings of the Millahtime Man

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Going to Church Without Ever Leaving Your Computer

I grew up going to church. It was soooo boring. The way church was for me growing up was my parents style. The music was lame, the limited use of technology, the message coming across.

Times are changing though. Many in the church are waking up and seeing that times have changed. In part because there has been such a big drop off in attendance from those in the 20's and under. Churches are staring to make major changes in the way they do things.

One of the new things to the net is church on the net. It is a virtual church. They have preachers, references, you can interact with other church goers and more. This church is over in England where there is a lot happening in post modern ministry.

The site is run by Ship of Fools. You can link to it right from their homepage.

There have been problems with the online church. It seems that there have been a lot of americans that have been causing trouble in there. Some of the features had to be restricted because of it. It's a really cool place to go and 6pm EST Sunday night there are online services.

Now, if I want to go to church it's just a mouse click away.

3 Comments:

  • Hello there. I enjoyed reading your offerings. You're a talented writer. I'll try to drop in more often.

    bill fallin

    By Blogger bill fallin, at 2:59 PM  

  • Skipping church is now easier than ever! Wish I could have done that when I was growing up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • Honestly, my question would be what you get out of this? *shrug* If you're just fulfilling a perceived obligation to "go to church," I guess I could see you doing this, but to me, this "online church" has about as much to do with experiencing mass as cybersex is to real sex. It's just going through the motions.

    - Sean Duggan (http://www.xanga.com/duggan/)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home