The Ramblings of the Millahtime Man

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

US Job Market

With the the election coming up there is a lot of talk about the job market. So, what is the deal with the job market. I keep reading that it isn't doing very well and that all kinds of jobs are being sent over seas. Well, here is what I have learned and know....

Every 10 years we have a depression or recession. Some bad decissions were made during the 90's that led to this recession taking a hit. Decissions like Enron and Worldcom. Then there was the World Trade Center that hurt the economy. All these things just left us with a longer running recession.

The unemployment rate is 5.4% and slowly falling and September 2004 added 155,000 jobs. Personally I don't know anyone over the age of 18, who is not in school, who is not retired or a stay at homer in a family who does not have a job. The jobs they have may not be high paying but that is due to their own doing.

The company I work for is hiring like I have never seen before. All of the people I went through college with in my major have jobs. All of my friends from college have jobs and make a good living.

So, I am stuck here looking for where this problem is???? Is it just media over blown???

Note: Job markets fluxuate. Certain jobs have increases while others have decreases. That is the nature of the beast. I am talking overall job market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home